Cheshire & Warrington Restructure Capital Grant
Blue Orchid is pleased to be able to confirm that Cheshire & Warrington Local Enterprise Partnership have awarded a further £1 million to provide grants to help small businesses meet some of the extra costs created by the COVID restrictions.
The grant application process will be delivered across 5 separate rounds. The details of the application openings are as follows:
Round 3: Is now Closed
Round 4: Opens: Monday 7th December 2020 – Noon – Closes: Once we receive approx.. 20% of the overall budget allocation
Round 5: Opens: Monday 14th December 2020 – Noon – Closes: Once we receive approx.. 20% of the overall budget allocation
PLEASE READ FURTHER GUIDANCE ON THIS WEBPAGE REGARDING THIS GRANT PROGRAMME BEFORE APPLYING
We will be hosting online Q and A sessions to help you understand more about how to apply and further details of what a successful application looks like. We would strongly recommend you attend one of these sessions before applying:
Places at the events are limited to 100 delegates, so please arrive early to avoid disappointment
Friday 4th December at 2.30pm: access this session here
Am I an eligible business?
You are eligible if you can answer “YES” to each of these statements. If you answer “NO” to ANY of these statements, your funding request will not be accepted:
- I am a Small to Medium sized Cheshire and Warrington based businesses?
- I am a business who has been trading for at least 12 months?
- I am a business who either has commercial premises AND/OR employs additional staff other than myself?
- I am a business who has not previously received a Cheshire and Warrington Covid Recovery capital grant?
- I have a business bank account and will use this for my project spend?
Eligible projects we can fund:
The grant can pay towards capital items only that businesses may need to recover or restructure their business to trade through the Covid-19 outbreak and the more recent local Tier restrictions.
Examples of the support that can be provided includes:
- IT equipment, e.g. Tablets used to support customers ‘trace & trace’ obligations and Contact payment systems
- Fixed PPE equipment e.g. plastics screens & sanitiser dispensers
- Building alterations e.g. creation of one-way systems, building of outdoor seating, serving hatches etc.
Please note the following exclusions/ caps:
- Can only fund retrospective spend from October 1st 2020
- £500 max grant for individual laptops for staff working from home
- £500 max grant individual I-pads for track and trace purposes
- Other types of spend will be bench marked to determine level of grant funding offered
- Building alteration works will require 3 quotations
- Mobiles phones are NOT covered under this programme
- Desk and Furniture for home based working is NOT covered under this programme
- A maximum of 5 suppliers per grant application with no single item spend of less than £100 per supplier
This is not comprehensive list of the eligibility criteria that your application will be assessed against, we reccomment that you attend one of the online Zoom information sessions prior to completing an application to understand if you or your project are eligible.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application form.
The link to the application portal will be available from this page only when each application round is open.
Please bookmark this page in order to ensure that you can visit to check for the dates of the future application windows.
If the use of the portal and online application forms are difficult for you as a result if disability or any accessibility issues please call Blue Orchid on 01606 539 118 to discuss your application with one of our advisors and we will be happy to complete the application form on your behalf.
*we anticipate the average grant award to be approx £3,000 with the maximum available grant of £5,000 only being awarded in cases where the application will make significant impact on a businesses ability to return to trading rapidly and support the retention of staff.