Springboard Cheshire offers support to newly unemployed (0-3 months) adults and young people. Individuals don’t need to have any barriers to employment. The programme is able to provide an immediate, flexible offer for people to be successful in the current climate. The focus is on upskilling, career change, growth sectors and stable employment with the addition of links to other programmes so that anyone who is out of work can get support.
Blue Orchid’s role within Springboard Cheshire, is to help facilitate job placements. All placements need to be at least 13 weeks long, pay at least national minimum wage and ideally lead to a permanent role. After 13 weeks, a grant of £750 will be paid to the employer.
Businesses need to be based within Cheshire and Warrington LEP area. To submit a vacancy to the Springboard Cheshire Jobs Portal, we will need:
- A completed initial application form providing your company details
- A Job Description, including hours of work, payrate and closing date for the job vacancy
- A person specification – (Not essential)
- A list of specific questions to potential candidates, such as: Do you hold a full driving license?
- A copy of your employer liability insurance
- A copy of your equal opportunities policy
- A copy of your health & safety policy
Once we have received your initial application form, we will send you a link to our job placement portal for you to upload this information. Once this is approved, your vacancy will become live to all of the candidates who are signed up to the Springboard Cheshire programme.
- We will work with you and our consortium partners to find the most suitable candidate for your job opportunity including CV screening and candidate matching. All suitable candidates will be sent to yourselves to arrange interviews.
- Once you have appointed your candidate to the role, we will complete and sign a tripartite agreement with your business, the candidate and ourselves. This agreement between all 3 parties, outlines the details of the work placement and agrees to provide Blue Orchid (via the portal) a copy of the candidate monthly salary being paid for 13 weeks.
- Your dedicated Blue Orchid advisor will be available to support you with any issues with regards to your new candidate for the first 13 weeks.
- Blue Orchid’s internal quality and compliance team will review all evidence and sign off accordingly.
- Within 30 days of all salary evidence being quality checked, your grant will be processed and paid directly to you.
To submit a vacancy to the Springboard Cheshire Portal please contact 0151 284 7728 or complete the Initial Enquiry Form and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Funded by European Social Fund, Springboard Cheshire is led by Torus Foundation, with delivery partners Torus Foundation, Warrington Disability Partnership, Career Connect, Weaver Vale Housing Trust, Primary Care Cheshire, Making Space and Blue Orchid. In addition, Strategic partners – Your Housing, Plus Dane Housing and Guinness Partnership.