Cheshire & Warrington Access to Finance & Grant Programme
Operating from January 2020 to the end of 2022 and supported buy funding from the European Regional Development Fund, Cheshire West & Chester Council & Warrington & Co, the C&W Access to Finance & Grant Programme has successfully delivered a programme of grant funding, information, advice to over 50 Cheshire & Warrington SMEs who were looking grow their business through the implemetionation in a range of marketing, leadership and technology investments or to develop a robust business case in order to raise significant investment from the market.
The programme provided support through the following services;
- A programme of Access to Finance seminars and workshops
- 1-2-1 financial & business planning consultancy for small businesses seeking advice and guidance to support an application for financial investment (approx. 2 days) e.g. Business loan application, British Business Bank/Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund application, R&D Tax credit claim, etc.
- A financial grant towards the implementation of a consultancy project which will facilitate growth and employment within the business
Alongside our workshop & one-to-one support services the project supported SMEs with access to grants of between £1,000 to £14,000 towards consultancy projects which would help to unlock their potential and grow their business.
Examples of successful SME grant projects include;
No Brainer Ltd
No Brainer is an award-winning PR, social and content marketing agency based near Stockton Heath in Warrington. Despite being just over five years old No Brainer were already one of the top 20 PR and marketing firms in the NW when they approached the programe to dicuss their need to move from growth driven through referrals and recommendations to market engagement driven through digital channels which would provide a much greater opportunity to reach businesses across the UK who could use their services.
The Cheshire & Warrington Access to Finance & Grant programme provided a grant to allow No Brainer to access external advice and consultancy in order to develep a new website and digital business engine which would,
- Grow the business and showcase their employer brand and;
- Act as a driver for new business leads
Learn more about No Brainer and the support they recived in their own word.
This project is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund