Cheshire West & Chester – High Growth Investment Fund
Blue Orchid has been commissioned by Cheshire West & Chester Council to deliver the High Growth Investment Fund element of their UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) Business Growth Programme.
The UKSPF Business Support Programme is funded by the UK Government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, supported by Cheshire West and Chester Council and 4 delivery partners.
The programme aims to support Cheshire West and Chester businesses to increase productivity by creating the conditions for businesses to start-up, scale-up and innovate and building a stronger business base which supports the Council’s sustainable and inclusive growth objectives.
The UKSPF Business Support Programme is a mix of support activities, 121 guidance and grants for eligible businesses.
Working with Cheshire West Council we have already provided grant support to many businesses.
Read the case study from successful grant recipient to learn more about the kind of growth we can help unlock
The High Growth Investment Fund is aimed at supporting growing Cheshire West and Chester businesses to expedite their investment and growth plans.
The project provides;
- Fully funded, impartial advice and information
- Support businesses through 121 diagnostic to identify how growth plans can be delivered
- Match funded grants up to £20,000 for eligible business to implement their growth plan
- Specific grants for rural based businesses
The Cheshire West & Chester Council UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) Business Growth Programme also incudes;
- Start & Micro Business Project delivered by West Cheshire & North Wales Chamber of Commerce
- Innovate Your Business (Innovation) Project delivered by University of Chester
- Workspace Project delivered by Cheshire West and Chester Council Business Growth Team
- Race to Zero (Decarbonisation) Project delivered by Groundwork CLM
For more information on the wider Cheshire West & Chester (UKSPF) Business Growth Programme please visit the Let’s Talk Business website
If you are a Cheshire West and Chester based SME that is considering making a significant investment in your business in order to support your future growth plans and would like to talk to us about your business then please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a phone call with one of our advisors.
If you would like to make an application to the Cheshire West and Chester (UKSPF) Business Growth Programme you will need to complete an online Expression of Interest form to start the support and grant process.
Working with Cheshire West & Chester Council we have already provided grant funding to many businesses to support their investment in their business and future growth plans.
Read the case study from successful grant recipient to learn more about the kind of growth we can help unlock.
To be eligible for support under the Cheshire West & Chester Council UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) Business Growth Programme you must be;
- Based in the Cheshire West & Chester Council area or opening a business premises here.
- Start-up businesses ready to launch (Start-up support only)
- Growth plans already in place
- Creating new jobs
- Introducing new technologies into the business
- Introducing new processes into the business
- Creating new product
- Reducing carbon footprint
As part of the grant appraisal process we will also be looking to ensure:
• Geographic spread: ensuring all of areas of the borough are represented, including our rural areas
• Key sectors being supported: manufacturing; construction; digital/creative; health & life sciences; professional & business services
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills. Visit UK Shared Prosperity Fund: prospectus for more information.